TIP ABOUT TIPS
Tip is one of those English words that has several meanings. A tip can be a piece of useful advice, but it can also refer to the extra money thatr you leave for a waiter at a restaurant. So this month we are going to offer you some tips about tips.
THE EXCHANGE RATE
According to the british newspaper the Financial Times, the large number of European tourist in New York is causing problem in restaurants, where the rules for tipping are different. The dollar currently very weak and for this reason many European tourist are travelling to the United States. Many of them are going to New York and, if you eat in restaurants , you will find a lot of European customers.
HARD TIMES
According to the Financial Times, or "FT," New York restaurants owners are very happy about this situation: the American economy is depressed and they need new business. Yet the same articles says that waiters and waitresses are less happy. This is because Europeans are less generous than Americans when it comes to tipping.
PROFESSIONAL
In Europe being a waiter is considered a profession. Waiters receive a salary from a restaurant and the tips are considered an "extra": if the service is good, the custumer leaves a small tip. In New York, being a waiters is not considereted a profession. Waiters are offen university students or out-of-work actors. They receive very little money from the restaurant and so they depend on tips. In American restaurants you are expected to leave a tip of between 15 and 20 percent of the bill. So our tips: is you eat in a New York restaurant, please be more generous!Texto muito interessante, pois mostra algumas particularidades da "Águia Careca", eu nunca poderia imaginar que um pais de 1° mundo ainda tivesse profissões informais como a de garçom, mas, fazer o que? E o turista é que tem que adivinhar que esse laborioso trabalho não é reconhecido.
Tivemos também nesta aula days of the week:
SUNDAY-MONDAY-TUESDAY-WEDNESDAY-THURSDAY-FRIDAY-SATURDAY
E algumas conversações:
What is your name?
How old are you?
When is your birthday?
Where are you from?
Where do you live?
What's your address?
What's your favorite colors?
Why are you studing english?

e finalizamos com Classroom objects, ruler, stapler, pencil-case, pen, pencil, notebook, compass, marker, satchel, book, glue, watercolours, scissors, and other.
Who I am?
My name is Christian Martins, I'm 36 years and my birthday is in May 5st, I'm from Brazil, I live in Xerém, my address is 13, Tereza street, my favorite color is blue and I studying English because I like these country and I like this country and because English is a universal language, and much used in business.


Who I am?
ResponderExcluirMy name is Christian Martins, I'm 36 years OLD and my birthday is ON May 5th, I'm from Brazil, I live in Xerém, my address is 13, Tereza street, my favorite color is blue and I AM studying English because I like [these country and I like this country] - I don't understand - and because English is a universal language, and IT IS COMMONLY used in business.